Already an MSS member?
READ these Directions for Preparing and Submitting Your Paper through the Portal
1. Get ready to submit your paper
- Devise a title for your paper.
- Write a 300-400 word abstract in your own word-processing program.
- Proofread and edit! A session organizer will use your title & abstract to decide whether to accept your paper.
- Have your abstract available so you can paste it into the submission portal.
- Have on hand the following info for your co-authors, if any: full name, affiliated institution, email address.
2. Before you enter the portal, you will be asked to affirm that you
- Are a paid-up member of MSS.
- Will renew your 2013 MSS membership for 2014 before Feb. 1st, if necessary.
- Will pay meeting registration fees before Feb 1.
3. Inside the portal, you will be asked to select a topic area for your paper from the following list:
Aging, Life Course, Death
Applied Sociology, Sociological Practice, Public Sociology
Comparative and Historical Sociology
Crime, Law, Deviance
Culture, Popular Culture, Sports
Environment and Ecology
Global and Transnational Sociology
Media, Communication and Information Technologies
Medicine, Health, Health Care, Mental Health
Organizations, Occupations and Work
Other [If you need a topic area not listed, please email the program chair to discuss, BEFORE entering the portal.]
Peace, War, and Social Conflict
Political Sociology, Political Economy, Social Policy
Race and Ethnicity
Research Methods, Statistics
Social Change, Sociology of Development
Social Movements, Collective Behavior
Social Psychology and Interaction
Stratification and Inequalities
Teaching and Learning
Urban Sociology, Community
4. Inside the portal, after you select a topic area, the sessions proposed for that topic area will pop up in the box below.
Select one to which you want to submit your paper.
Follow the directions to enter your contact information, that of your co-authors, if any, and your abstract.
Problems with submission? Contact Program Chair Kevin Leicht and his assistant, Kim Maas, by email.