Travel Grants for Student Members - Apply in January - February! - Deadline midnight, March 1!
Each year, MSS offers travel grants of $100 each to 150 student members who participate in the annual meeting.
The grants are intended to help student members with the expenses of traveling to the MSS annual meeting.
To allow MSS to serve as many students with real need as possible, please do not apply for these funds if your school is paying all your expenses to attend the annual meeting.
To be eligible for a travel grant, you must
(1) have paid your 2015 MSS dues so that you are an MSS member in good standing;
(2) have paid your annual meeting registration fees to register for the annual meeting before you apply for a travel grant;
(3) be listed on the annual meeting program as a presenter, panelist, discussant or organizer;
and (4) follow the directions below to submit your request.
Please follow these directions to submit your request for a student travel grant:
(1) Look up the number of the session(s) in which you’re participating. You will find it in the final program.
(2) Put “MSS Travel Award” in the email subject line.
(3) In the body of the e-mail, list: your full name, your institutional affiliation, your student status [grad or undergrad], the session number(s) in which you are participating.
(4) Email your request for a travel grant before midnight, March 1, to Priya Dua.
If there are more than 150 eligible applicants, the 150 award winners will be randomly drawn from all applicants.
You will be notified of your award status before the meeting, and may pick up your $100 check at the MSS registration desk in Kansas City.